Royal Highland Showgrounds
|Age:||NO UNDER 12'S, UNDER 16'S WITH ADULT 21+|
The Killers are a Las Vegas-based four-piece who formed in 2003, featuring the talents of singer/keyboardist Brandon Flowers, drummer Ronnie Vannucci, guitarist Dave Keuning and bassist Mark Stoermer.…
The Killers at Royal Highland Showgrounds
Gates open: 17:00
No persons under 12 permitted
Persons aged 12-15 years old must be accompanied by an adult 21 or over (1 adult minimum per 4 persons aged between 12-15 years old).
You must bring valid and current ID with you - Valid IDs must be photographic.
We will be accepting the following types of ID for entry into the event:
Current UK or Overseas Driving License
Current UK or Overseas Current Passport
Overseas Only Valid National ID card
UK only 18 + PASS scheme card
Young Scot Cards
Ireland Age Card
Forces ID Card
This is line with the national Challenge 25 policy.
**Photocopies of ID does not count as valid ID. Must be original documents
CITY CENTRE SHUTTLE BUS
The city centre event shuttle (Lothian Bus Service No.98) runs from Edinburgh city centre straight to the entrance of concert, with a service that will get you to and from the site in no time.
The service runs via North St David Street with pick up points at Shandwick Place, Haymarket and along the A8 with an approx. journey time of 30 minutes.
NATIONAL BUS SERVICES
The Airlink 100, Skylink 200 & 300, First Bus services 20 & 63 and Stagecoach’s Jet 747 service all run regularly and drop off close to the Royal Highland Centre.
operates services from across the country that drop off on the nearby on the A8 nearby the Royal Highland Showgrounds.
run services from across the country, dropping off in Edinburgh Bus Station where you can onward travel via the City Centre Shuttle Bus service.
Get to the concerts at the Royal Highland Centre direct with . They offer chartered bus services running from all major Scottish cities and will drop you at the entrance.
are running services from various locations across Scotland to get you to and from the Royal highland showgrounds.
Tickets are on sale now for this service and should be pre-booked
This low-emission option takes you to Ingliston Park & Ride, which is only around a 25-minute walk to the entrance to the event. There will also be a free shuttle bus service to/from Ingliston Park & Ride throughout the event.
The Tram service will be extended for approximately an hour after the end of the show, in order to provide convenient transport back into the City Centre.
SHUTTLE SERVICE TO/FROM INGLISTON TRAM STATION
A free shuttle bus will run between Ingliston Tram Station and event entrance. This will start at 5pm and loop until midnight, with a journey time of around 10 minutes.
Edinburgh Waverley and Haymarket are the closest stations to the Royal Highland Showgrounds that provide excellent links to the rest of the UK.
From there, pick up the City Centre Shuttle Bus (Lothian Service 98) or the Tram, and jump on our free shuttle service from the Tram station.
TAXI/ DROP OFF & PICK UP
If you are being picked up/dropped off by private car or taxi, please head for the Royal Highland Showgrounds and follow the signage to the dedicated pick up/drop off point.
Car Parking tickets are available online for advance purchase only. These will be mobile tickets that can be purchased .
The Royal Highland Showgrounds are situated adjacent to Edinburgh Airport.
Over 180 flights connect Edinburgh to the rest of the UK and Europe each day and the Royal Highland Centre is just a 15-minute walk from the airport and neighbouring airport hotels.
The official ticket outlet for this event is Ticketmaster. No other agents are authorised to sell and any listing on an unauthorised site cannot be guaranteed to gain entry to the event.
All tickets will be mobile tickets.
Sometimes your mobile signal can be weaker when you’re around lots of people at the entrances. We strongly recommend that you download your tickets from the Ticketmaster app to your Apple Wallet or Google Pay Wallet. You can find out how to do this here.
Information on how mobile tickets work can be found here.
If you’re having issues with downloading your tickets help can be found here.
If you will be arriving at different times to the rest of your party remember you can transfer their tickets from your Ticketmaster account to theirs. A guide on how to do this can be found here.
We strongly recommend that you only purchase tickets through our official ticket partner Ticketmaster. No other agents are authorised to sell and any listing on an unauthorised site cannot be guaranteed to gain entry to the events. We’ve seen lots of customers be scammed by purchasing tickets through sites such as eBay, Gumtree, Stubhub, Viagogo etc. Unofficial sites do not give you the same rights and protections. Be aware and don’t fall for a scam. These tickets might not even exist and if you turn up with a fake ticket you’ll be turned away from the event so don’t chance it. We recommend you only purchase through our official ticket partners. Our official resale partner is Ticketmaster Fan-to-Fan Exchange.
We only permit ticket resale at face value through Ticketmaster Fan-to-Fan Exchange. Please do not use ticket sites such as eBay, Gumtree, Stubhub, or Viagogo where tickets may be available at hugely inflated prices. Buying through these websites also runs the risk of being sold tickets that may not actually exist.
We recommend that you purchase tickets in advance to avoid disappointment. Should there be tickets left for sale these can be purchased on the day via Ticketmaster.
With mobile tickets, you can have these delivered to your Ticketmaster app on your phone straight away saving you from having to collect these at the box office.
Please note that our box offices will only be accepting card payments – cash will not be permitted.
The process for collecting your Hospitality wristband will be confirmed closer to the event.
The process for collecting your accessible wristband will be confirmed closer to the event.
We operate 2 different types of wristbands on site for our Accessible Customers depending on your requirements.
Accessible platforms are controlled by a wristband system and managed by the Access Manager. To ensure they run smoothly, each location has its own team of stewards, security and customer access team. As platforms have a limited capacity these are strictly for access customers, plus one (1) companion.
Accessible Platform Wristband
Main Stage Accessible Platform
Blue Badge Parking on request
Store Medication in Fridge on request
Personal Assistant Ticket Wristband
Accessible Facilities Wristband (no platform access)
Blue Badge Parking on request
Store Medication in Fridge
Personal Assistant Ticket Wristband
Your ticket can only be scanned once for each day it’s valid. There is no re-entry once you’re in the festival site.
Bank card/contactless payment (This is a fully cashless site so, don’t bring cash), blankets, cameras, your dancing shoes, ear plugs, hand sanitiser, hats, lip balm, make up, smiles, sunscreen, sunglasses, an empty bottle no bigger than 500ml (not a fancy reusable one though as glass/metal/hard plastic bottles aren't permitted), wipes and more.
Please don’t bring a bag unless it is absolutely essential.
No chairs, professional cameras, drugs, flares, glass or metal/hard plastic bottles (incl perfume/fragrance), smoke canisters, flag poles, selfie sticks, umbrellas, weapons, and more.
Please note that this is a fully cashless site – contactless and card payments only.
- Please buy your own standard ticket first HERE
- Do not purchase a ticket for your PA/Companion. Once your’ application has been processed, we will provide this free of charge.
- 1 PA/Companion ticket will be issued per 1 accessible customer to ensure fairness and accommodate as many people with accessible requirements as possible.
- Please register for the use of our Accessible Facilities HERE
- You will need your ticket reference order number to complete this process.
- If you are unsure about your eligibility for a free PA/Companion Ticket, please do not hesitate to contact our Accessible Coordinator on 0141 674 9444 or email us at email@example.com
- Have you previously opted in to be our database? No need to complete the form again unless your circumstances have changed. Please contact our access co-ordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or through the “submit a request” on our website to let us know you will be attending again and to request your PA/Companion ticket.
In order to provide the best possible experience, we ask that everyone who wishes to use the access facilities complete and submit an Access Requirements Form prior to arriving on-site. To allow us to plan all of the facilities and infrastructure for the show, please submit your application as soon as you can.
Customers must send a piece of Supporting Documentation for their application to be processed.
A The Killers Accessible Guide with event-specific information will be sent out via email prior to the event to all confirmed applicants including arrival info, access maps, distances, access facilities and more. We recommend saving and printing a copy of the Accessible Guide for your own reference once available. No hard copies will be available on-site.
Please note that our access facilities are not for customers with temporary impairments such as broken bones, healing wounds, or pregnancy. Anyone concerned about their access, please use the website contact form to submit an enquiry via email@example.com.
This is an all-standing event with limited seating around the main arena and VIP. Chairs are not allowed into the event.
Please note that the Accessible Platform has a limited capacity. After capacity is reached you will not be guaranteed a spot and can only be added to a waitlist. As spaces fill up quickly, we recommend you complete your application for this area as soon as possible once you purchased your tickets, to avoid disappointment.
We want our customers to enjoy their visit to our shows, but we appreciate that we may not cover everything you need or wish to know about the event. If you have any questions, then please don’t hesitate to get in touch prior to the event with our Access Manager by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Post: 272 St Vincent Street, Glasgow G2 5RL
Phone: 0141 674 9444
Office opening times are: 10am – 6pm, Monday to Friday.
Please note: we aim to respond to all email enquiries within five working days, however this may take longer during busy times.
On show days, email@example.com will not be monitored as we will be working operationally on the ground, however, if you arrive at the event then please approach a Steward, Supervisor or a member of the Customer Access Team for assistance and they will do their best to help.
If you are unable to attend the show without support from a Personal Assistant (PA)/Companion, then we will provide an additional PA ticket.
The PA ticket is subject to completing our online accessible application process here.
One person will be allowed one free PA ticket unless otherwise pre-agreed due to accessibility requirements
If you require more than one PA, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PA tickets are provided on the expectation that they are willing and able to assist you, throughout your visit, and in the event of an evacuation they are your main point of assistance. Crowd management personnel located near the viewing platform will assist in moving everybody to a place of safety.
PA tickets will not be posted out and will be available only on the day for collection at the event.
PA tickets must be applied for via the Access Requirements Form, and can only be approved by members of the Access Team.
Please refer to our Event Terms & Conditions and Special Event Terms & Conditions on PA tickets.
YOUR ROLE AS PA/COMPANION
- Familiarise yourself with this Accessible Information Guide.
- Make yourself aware of the access team and stewards on the platform in case you need any assistance.
- Make sure to check weather before attending and ensure yourself and the access customer are ready for the ever-changing Scottish weather.
- Please note the PA/Companion ticket has been issued to you on the basis that the PA/Companion will not become intoxicated. In such circumstances and for your own safety you and your PA/Companion will require to leave the site.
- You are attending The Killers to accompany and assist the person who chose you as their PA/Companion. We have the right to eject you from this event should it become apparent you are not carrying out this role.
- The accessible platform is seated only and uncovered. All platforms have ramp access and wheelchair accessible toilets.
- Large print programmes are available when requested in advance.
- We understand that a hidden disability is not immediately apparent. If you would like support or advice inside The Killers, our Access Manager will be the main point of contact and is based at the accessible platform or please contact us in advance with your questions via the Accessible Facilities Form here or email us at email@example.com.
- Smoking/Vaping is not permitted on the accessible platform.
- Please note that for safety reasons, we advise customers on the accessible platform to remain on the platform when the show ends for a short period of time.
- Stewards and Customer Access Team will be able to assist and direct to accessible platform.
- Please don’t bring a bag unless it is essential. Bags larger than 30cm x 42cm (the size of a sheet of A3 paper) will not be permitted at The Killers. Those who need to bring bags may be separated into bag search lanes, and could be delayed as a result of longer queues.
- You and your PA will be applicable to search on entry, which may include your wheelchair.
- Umbrellas are not permitted.
- ‘JUST CAN’T WAIT’ cards - we ask our toilet attendants and stewards to look out for these cards for quick access to the toilets. We do not issue these cards, however you can get more information on this here: https://www.bladderandbowel.org/help-information/just-cant-wait-card/
- Please feel free to bring your own Ear Plugs.
- Free water is available at bars for customers.
- Please be aware that unacceptable behaviour will have an impact on the experience of other customers. Any aggression or abuse, physical or verbal directed towards our staff will not be tolerated.
Public Transport information will be made available closer to the event. Please keep an eye on this page for more updates.
ACCESSIBLE DROP OFF AND PICK UP
Accessible customers who are looking to be picked up or dropped off at the show are to arrange for this to be done at the Accessible Parking area. More info on the location will be made available closer to the event.
BLUE BADGE PARKING
There will be a dedicated Accessible parking area located close to the Accessible Entrance. If you require use of this car park you will need to apply for Access Parking via the Access Requirements Form here
- Accessible Parking is limited
- Blue Badge Holders must have their badge present on the day to show a Steward or register their Car Reg with us in advance.
- The Accessible parking area is free of charge
- Accessible Parking at The Killers does have limited spaces and we will be operating this on a first come first served basis. We cannot guarantee a spot and do recommend that customers are aware of alternatives in the event that the car park is already full upon your arrival.
- Parking in the accessible car park is limited, so friends and family arriving separately will not be able to use this car park.
First Aid and Welfare provision will be in place for all shows. If you require assistance, please alert the nearest Steward of member of Event Staff.
Customers can bring any medication that they require. If it is not easily recognisable as medication (e.g. Asthma inhalers, Nurofen, EpiPens) then please bring a prescription or a Doctor's letter with you.
As food and drink are prohibited items, Customers with a medical condition who require to bring food/sugary drinks are welcome to contact us in advance to allow us to make suitable arrangements for you or, alternatively, you can present yourself to a Security Supervisor on the day of the show who will be able to assist you further but this may cause a slight delay to your entry.
If you need to store your medication in a fridge then please let the Accessibility Coordinator know before the show on firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are not able to let us know before the show then you can present yourself to a Security Supervisor on the day of the show who will contact First Aid to make suitable arrangements for you.
Please note that delays may occur due to bag searching, so we request that all Customers be patient with Security.
Key distances will be made available closer to the event. Please keep an eye on this page for more updates.
As this is a greenfield area, we ask Customers to prepare for all weather ground conditions.
ENTRY TO THE EVENT
Entry to the event will be made available closer to the event. Please keep an eye on this page for more updates on Accessible Entry.
Flickering light effect, lasers, strobing, pyrotechnics and other effects may be used during performances. Some of these will look and sound very similar to fireworks. Some will have no visual element but will make a very loud crack or bang noise. Foam ear plugs can be provided on request.
We welcome any assistance dogs, If you require dog spending area on site please email your request within a reasonable time frame to email@example.com
BSL INTERPRETING SERVICES
BSL Performance Interpreters are available on request in advance. Please send advance requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. At least 60 day notice is advised.
Send to email@example.com or, alternatively, you can post to; 272 St Vincent Street, Glasgow G2 5RL
Proof of Eligibility
- Front page of DLA / PIP (no specific rate).
- Front page of Attendance Allowance letter (no specific rate).
- Evidence that registered severely sight impaired (blind).
- Recognised Assistance Dog ID card.
- Credability's Access Card.
We understand that not everyone has the above-recommended evidence and in such situations, we will review on a case-by-case basis. Customers who have any questions about Accessibility at The Killers please contact our Accessibility Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org
- All supporting evidence must be submitted within 14 days of completing the survey.
- If we do not receive this, then your application will not be processed and sit unconfirmed.
- We aim to process applications within 4 weeks of receiving all relevant information.
- Once all information has been received and processed, you will receive a final confirmation by email.